It’s all about the dogs at Dogs Forever. We take great care in matching each of our dogs with the right forever family. We do this because we believe our best friends who end up abandoned on the streets or at the city pound deserve better. Each dog, no matter their age, breed or health, wants only one thing–a loving home. And we do everything possible to make that happen.
Helping homeless dogs can be stressful and heartbreaking. But when we unite a dog with a loving family, the clouds part and the sun shines, pushing back the darkness. Thank you, from Dogs Forever’s founders, board members and volunteers, to all who wrote such kind and inspirational comments about our work. Because of you, we have been named a 2014 Top-Rated Nonprofit in the Cedar Rapids Community. We are honored to have your respect and support and look forward to bringing families and dogs together for many years to come.
In case you haven’t heard, Dogtoberfest is fast approaching! Join us Sunday, October 26, from noon-4 p.m. at the Carl & Mary Koehler History Center, 615 First Avenue SE in Cedar Rapids. A mere $5 admission is your ticket to live music by local musicians, appetizers and a silent auction packed with terrifically terrific items. Irish Jam will perform from 1-2 pm and guitarist Craig Erickson and violinist Natalie Brown will share the stage 2-3 pm.
All proceeds support Dogs Forever Safe Place, a state-licensed adoption guarantee dog shelter on Cedar Rapids’ southwest side. We receive no city or state funds and depend on private donations and fundraisers like Dogtoberfest. We are a volunteer-run organization, so all dollars raised go straight to help homeless dogs.
Silent auction items are still coming in, but here is what we have as of 10-8-14.
- Walking Tour of Cedar Rapids by historian Mark Stoffer Hunter ($150 value; $40 min bid) Donated by historian Mark Hunter
- Earl May gardening package ($52 value; $10 min bid) Donated by Earl May on Collins Road
- $40 gift certificate from Bliss Salon in Cedar Rapids ($40 value; $15 min bid)
- Dogs Forever original shirt, “Manners Are for Poodles” (choice of size) and DF’s humorous “Good Dogs Gone Bad” book ($28 value; $10 min bid)
- Snowmobile Jacket, FXR size Youth 12, also used as a winter coat ($130 value; $40 min) Donated by McGrath Powersports
- Park Farm Winery, $50 gift certificate to a wine tasting ($15 min bid) Donated by Park Farm Winery.
- Red Frog, 2 $10 gift cards ($5 min bid)
We also have items coming from Clarion Hotel, Buffalo Wild Wings, Cibo Fusion, Starbucks, Bushwoods, Petco, Pizza Ranch and more. Check back soon for more information.